The Seventh Annual Invasive Species Ireland Forum took place on 30th May 2013 at the Ulster Museum in Belfast.
The Seventh Annual Invasive Species Ireland Forum was held at:
Ulster Museum, Belfast
30th May 2013
10.00 – 17.00
The programme for the forum is available at the following link:
The venue of the 2013 was kindly sponsored by National Museums Northern Ireland.
The speakers at the forum have kindly given permission for pdf copies of their presentations to be uploaded to the ISI website for those who could not attend the forum to view. Please note that slides or any contents of slides from presentations cannot be used without permission.
View the presentations from the seventh Annual Invasive Species Ireland forum:
- View a copy of the presentation by Dr Elizabeth Cook, Scottish Association for Marine Science – URBANISING OUR OCEANS – Implications of economic development on the establishment and spread of marine non-native species
- View a copy of the presentation by Dr Julia Nunn, CEDaR, National Museums Northern Ireland – Marine non-native invasive species in Northern Ireland
- View a copy of the presentation by Dr Rohan Holt, Natural Resources Wales – Eradicating the invasive sea squirt Didemnum vexillum from Holyhead marina
- View a copy of the presentation by Hugh Edwards, DOE Marine Division -Response to the invasive sea squirt Didemnum vexillum in Strangford Lough
- View a copy of the presentation by Dr Alistair McCracken, Agri-Food and Biosciences Institute – Ash dieback (Chalara fraxinea) in Ireland.
- View a copy of the presentation by Dr Catherine McGavigan, QUB – A catchment scale approach to tackling invasive species – the CIRB project.
- View a copy of the presentation by Dr Joe Caffrey, Inland Fisheries Ireland – Current research on aquatic invasive species in Ireland
- View a copy of the presentation by Colette O’Flynn, National Biodiversity Data Centre – The importance of your sightings – the National Invasive Species Database