Technical Working Groups
There are five Technical Working Groups (terrestrial, freshwater, marine, education and awareness, and strategy and legislation) which input into Invasive Species Ireland.
The working groups have an important role as they provide not only expert input into the programme but also represent key stakeholders and ensure that an integrated and cross-sectoral approach is taken in delivering the project activities. Theyalso help set priorities, inform the development of activities and collaborate with Invasive Species Ireland to ensure best use of available resources.
The working groups meet as part of the annual Invasive Species Ireland Forum and their input is sought on the following activities:
- ISI Forum and stakeholder engagement programme
- Risk assessments
- Management/Contingency plans
- Codes of Practice
- Education and awareness programme
- Development of species alert networks
- Pathway risk assessment and management planning
- Assessing the potential for biological control
- Industry standards awards scheme
- IAS strategy for Northern Ireland and Ireland
- Further development of the National Invasive Species Database
If you are interested in being part of a technical working group, contact us and come to the Forum.